Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Meet Linda Burson and Her New Book


Linda is an author from Connecticut. After years of writing and editing for others, raising a family, and over twenty years of running her own businesses, Linda decided to tackle her first fiction novel entitled Rage, which began as a single book. Eventually, the novel became a trilogy, and finally a much longer series. All the books are a part of The Marcy Series, a romantic suspense series.
There are currently six novels in the series.

Beverley: Which genre or genres do you write or prefer to write? And why?
Linda: I enjoy writing murder mysteries and romantic thriller/suspense novels. The main reason I choose to write these types of stories is because these are the types of novels I prefer reading. I’ve always enjoyed trying to figure out the culprit. It’s the edge-of-your-seat feeling I get while reading that keeps me excited to turn page after page. The best part is the thrill when you find out you are right when guessing the murderer.
Beverley: Who influenced you the most in deciding to become a writer?
Linda: I always enjoyed English class and spelling in school. Considering I seemed to do the best in these types of classes probably has a lot to do with it. I was also a shy, quiet child. I enjoyed spending time alone. I was a huge daydreamer. I think that was the biggest part of my writing. What does one do with all those imaginative ideas floating around in one’s head? They write them down. I was also an avid reader. I used to curl up in the corner recliner next to the window in my living room and read book after book. The library was a few blocks from my house. I’d walk there, pick out as many books as was allowed to take home, then snuggle into the corner of my living room reading one after the other. I had so many ideas swarming around in my head; I suppose they had to go somewhere.
Beverley: What gets your creative juices flowing?
Linda: Dreams I have at night sometimes gets me revved to open my laptop. I find the biggest influence of creativity is getting out in a car and taking a drive. The drives on two lane roads out toward the more rural areas, drives toward the coast, or heading toward the mountains bring me perfect inspiration.
Beverley: Do you have a favorite cartoon character? Why?
Linda: Hum, interesting question. I have to admit not something I’ve thought about recently. Choosing one off the top of my head, I’d have to say Dory from Nemo. She was fun. She made me laugh. Her biggest attraction to me was that she always seemed happy and positive and that’s uplifting. Who doesn’t want to spend time with a cheerful person/character?! I also loved her innocence. It warmed my heart.
Beverley: Who would you love most to meet 'in person' and why?
Linda: I’m sure to some people this would be an easy question. For me, it’s not. Thinking without thinking long, I’d have to say I’d most love to meet an ancestor of mine. I would love to be able to sit down and talk to a matriarch on my maternal side. I’d love to hear her thoughts, know her wisdom, learn of her past, present, and what she thought of future years. I’d want her to know who I am and understand that I come from decades upon decades upon decades of the future. Hey, this sounds like another good idea for a new novel!
Beverley: If you had an unexpected free day what would you do with it?
inda: That depends on the weather. If it’s a snowy, cold day, I’d stay home. I may spend time writing because often for me, it’s not work, but fulfillment. Or, I may just turn on the television and binge watch TV shows that I enjoy that I haven’t seen. If it’s a beautiful, warm, sunny day, I’d get in my convertible and take a drive. I probably wouldn’t know which way I was going until I got there.
Beverley: What are you working on now?
Linda: I have two stories I’m working on—one is a regular novel, another romance suspense-type, and the other is a Novella. The Novella, which I’m hoping to have completed in a month, has a carry-over character from the book that is due to be published April 15, 2018 called MURDER BETWEEN FRIENDS. The protagonist in MURDER BETWEEN FRIENDS is named Cammy Thurston. She is a private investigator and I use her in my Novella as an add-on character in this suspense story.

Blurb for The Agreement, Book 4 in the Marcy series:
After the perfect honeymoon, Brad and Marcy return to reality to begin their new life together. Unfortunately, Brad and Marcy’s wedded bliss runs into complications. Brad seems distant and cold, and Marcy is confused by his unexpected behavior.
When Marcy goes into labor, Brad is by her side. Later, Marcy confronts Brad about their crumbling marriage and decides it may be better for them to separate. Brad begs Marcy to reconsider, pleading with her not to leave.
For now, Marcy agrees to stay put with their son. Brad and Marcy reconcile. Brad forms a surprising and unexpected friendship which changes the course of their lives.


Excerpt from The Agreement:
We go to find Brad. He’s talking to his brothers. I walk up behind him, wrap my arms around his waist, and kiss his back. He turns his head, sees it’s me, and puts his arms around mine.

Matt says, “I’m glad this brother of mine finally got smart and asked you to marry him. I was thinking I might have to step in and see if you’d like to switch brothers.”
“The best gifts in life are worth the wait,” Brad says squeezing my arms, then picking them up and bringing me around to the side of him so he can kiss my head.

“You always say the most wonderful things to me,” I convey.

“Well, if you two are going to get mushy, I’m leaving. Come on, Ryan. Brad’s making us look bad. Good thing Kelsey and Samantha are in the other room.”
Dave comments to Brad, “You know, Brad, you and your brothers aren’t that different from LM, JJ, Elb, and me. You have that good, bad, fun, and serious sides that we all have. I can see you understand the way it was and is between us. So, I owe you an apology. I suppose it’s difficult for us now, with Liam not being here, considering how we feel about Marcy. We want to be a part of her life. Her life now includes you. It’s unfortunate you and Liam were in love with the same woman. If it weren’t for that, you and he would’ve probably been good friends; but then again, if it wasn’t for the two of you loving the same woman, none of us would’ve ever met.”
“If it wasn’t for Liam, Dave, I would’ve never met Marcy,” Brad answers. “She probably wouldn’t be here now, which means none of us would have her in our lives. I’m aware she’s here now because of his heroic actions all those years ago. To be honest, he may have been competition to me for her heart, but I can’t fault the guy for that. I understand him being in love with her. I may be slightly sensitive when it comes to him, but that’s only because I know she’s in love with him as well. I still blame myself for letting her go in the first place. If I hadn’t, their relationship wouldn’t have started. I don’t dislike Liam. He loved Marcy, I love Marcy, I like all of you guys, Marcy loves all of you and you’re all friends with Liam. I’m aware he was a great guy, which means I don’t mind hearing stories about him. What makes me annoyed and uncomfortable is when everyone else acts like they’re uncomfortable talking about him in front of me. He was a part of all your lives, and whether I like it or not, he was a part of Marcy’s life. I won’t deny it and pretend it didn’t happen. Besides, I can’t deny her relationship with him. The baby she’s carrying might be his. What kind of a person would I be if I try to deny his existence in her life, and this baby is his and not mine?”
“I said it before and I’ll say it again; you’re a hell of a man, Brad. And if Liam were here right now, I’d tell him so. I’d be happy to tell him you’re an honorable man and
Marcy’s in good hands.” Dave puts his hand out for Brad to shake. “Brad, if you’ll accept, I’d be proud and honored to call you friend.”

“I do accept and thank you. That means a lot to me.”
They start talking about sports, and that’s when I excuse myself.

Buy Links for The Agreement:
The Agreement: https://www.amazon.com/Agreement-Marcy-Book-4-ebook/dp/B01IG982NS/
Paperback also available at the publisher’s website: www.classactbooks.com

Find out more about Linda at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Lbursonbooks/?fref=ts
Instagram: www.instagram.com/lindajeanburson
Website is lindaburson.com 
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2258525.Linda_Burson
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Linda-Burson/e/B016SOB3S4
Twitter: @lindaburson23 

No comments:

Post a Comment