Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Recipes and My Writing Update

Christmas is fast approaching. I love the music, the lights and of course, the food. I have just finished formatting Hunted, the first book in the Hawkins’ Ranch series with CreateSpace, for print. It was an interesting experience. I’ve been putting it off for a long time. Now I can move on to updating my website – and Christmas baking and decorating.

With selling a house, moving to a different province, adjusting to a new city and different ways of doing things, selling a motorhome and buying park model and adjusting to those changes, I haven’t managed as much around the business of writing, advertising, etc. for the last year or so. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.                                     

Now I’m trying to get back into writing work mode and Christmas mode. For this blog I thought I’d see if anyone wants to share recipes. Have a favorite? Please share.
And if you have a hint for the business of writing, please share.

Here’s my favorite recipe for Chocolate Nobake Cookies.
2 cups white sugar       ½ cup milk
½ cup cocoa                ½ cup of margarine
3 cups rolled oats        1 cup cocoanut

Combine sugar, cocoa, milk, and margarine. Put in saucepan and put over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Boil for five minutes.

Remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Drop on greased cookie sheet and set in fridge.
 
Enjoy and please share your favorites. I love trying new ones.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Beverly,
    My easy recipe is 6 cups of Kix Cereal, 4 cups of unbuttered popcorn, 2 cups crushed Fritoes, mix together. Then melt white chocolate morsels and pour over the mixture. It's sweet and salty, just so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. Sounds yummy. Definitely going to try this one.

      Delete
  2. This sounds delicious and easy, exactly what I need. Glad to here you are setteling in up in Canada. We, in Raleigh NC USA are expecting snow this weekend. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy! Hope you don't get a lot of snow. Stay warm.

      Delete