Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Promo - Liberty Empowered


I am so pleased to share my latest release, LIBERTY EMPOWERED, Book 3 in the Isle of Fangs Series.

I love a good vampire story, but I am aware the market is saturated with them. Although I am a huge Vampire Diaries and True Blood fan (not so much, Twilight, no offense to Twlight fans), I never thought I would write a vampire story of my own, not unless I could come up with something that would inspire me and would be a unique take on vampires.   When the idea for vampires on a tropical island, a (female) Van Helsing descendant, and going back to traditional vampire lore occurred to me, the series was born. :) Books 1 and 2 have done pretty well, and I am thrilled to now have Book 3 available. Hope you enjoy!
She’s striving to embrace her nature…he’s fighting to restrain his.


Blurb:

Vampire hunter Liberty Van Helsing is responsible for protecting the humans living on Sang Croc, a tropical island in the French Polynesia. While striving to improve her recently acquired hunting skills, Liberty wrestles with her attraction to vampire, Eli Barkley, estranged son of Rupert, leader of the Evil Ones. 
Then the grandparents of a young girl—who Liberty has befriended—is snatched by the Evil Ones, and Rupert offers Liberty a deal: herself for the hostages. 
Rupert is certain his son will, in turn, voluntarily trade himself to save Liberty. Liberty has a better idea. Launch a rescue into Rupert's stronghold. But first she must tap into the elusive Van Helsing strength, and convince Eli he's not like his father... not anymore.

Excerpt

A few hours later, the restaurant cleared out, giving Liberty her opportunity to speak with Ryan. She approached as he was wiping down the bar.

"Hey, how's it going?" A hint of pain hovered in his brown eyes. She wished she could take it away, but giving false hope was just as cruel. Besides, he'd hurt her too. She wasn't ready to give him another chance. "Crazy night, huh?"

"Yeah. Crazy." She shook her money-stuffed apron. "But, cha'ching, right?"

He laughed. "That's what it's all about." He threw the towel over his shoulder and leaned his hands on the bar, revealing the Australian flag tattoo on his muscled forearm. "What did you need to talk to me about?"

She jerked her gaze away from the sexy tattoo and slid onto a barstool. "I need you to tell me where Rupert's compound is."

He narrowed his eyes. "Eli knows where it is. Did you ask him?"

"I can't ask him. I don't want him to know I'm looking for it."

"You're not planning on doing something stupid, are you?"

"It's not stupid."

"If you're planning to try to rescue the Rankins, then yes, it's stupid. Eli will be mad as a cut snake when he finds out."

She blew a breath out between pursed lips. "I have to help them. All I need you to do is tell me where I can find them."

"Are you nuts?"

"Do you think I can stand by and let those poor people be slaughtered?"

"You can't save everyone, Liberty."

She let out a sigh and tucked a hank of hair behind her ear. "Of course not, but I've looked into Hannah's face. If it were my family, I'd want someone to save them."

"You can't do this on your own. You need to let Eli help."

"No way. He'll just try to stop me. He doesn't give a damn about her grandparents. Tell me where the compound is."

Ryan rubbed his hands over his face and shook his head. "On one condition."

"And that is?" She had a feeling she wouldn't like his answer.

"I go with you."

"No, no way. I won't let you take that kind of risk."

His jaw tightened. "I get it. You're the big bad hunter, and I'm just a bloody deadhead."

"Well, I don't know what that is." She spoke lightly. "But I'm pretty sure you aren't one." She laid her hand over his. "Please. I just can't risk anyone else."

He pulled his hand away and crossed his arms over his chest. "Sorry. That's the deal. Take it or leave it."

"Ugh... okay, fine. You can go." She glanced around the bar, spotting Bianca stocking condiments on one of the tables. "But your sister will kill me if anything happens to you."

"You don't have to worry about that." He grinned. "We'll probably both die. If the EO's don't kill us." He leaned forward and whispered in her ear. "Eli will."

Amazon purchase link:

Barnes and Noble:


 Find Alicia here:

 *** Sign up for our Novel Notes Newsletter, a multi-author newsletter where we give away a $25 gift card each month: https://www.facebook.com/NovelNotesAuthors






7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read this book. Talk about tension and action. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vampire hunters...I love 'em and with the name of Liberty...very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks so much. I had fun creating the island world of vampires and hunters.

      Delete