Wednesday, September 3, 2014

5 Secrets (What No One Know About My Book)


Our guest author today is Kathryn Jane, who is going to share some tidbits about the writing of her book that no one knows--until today.


Award winning author Kathryn Jane loves to write about kickass women who laugh as hard as they cry, love good sweaty sex, don’t understand the appeal of perfection and can get themselves out of trouble, thank you very much. Then of course there’s the sexy, often baffled men who dare to love them.

Addicted to the ocean and the color turquoise, Kathryn lives on the west coast of Canada with two obnoxious cats, a faithful mutt, and the man of her dreams.

Daring To Love

5 Secrets About Daring To Love

1. The story begins and ends in one of my favorite places on the planet, Lincoln City, Oregon, on the edge of the Pacific Ocean.

2. Most of my books involve a bit of telepathic communication or some such psychic phenomenon as I’m intrigued by the possibilities, and I love the intimacy it creates.

3. Although I left the appearance of Fred the dog a bit vague so my readers could experience Fred as they’d like him to be, in my head, he looks like my friend Barb’s old pooch, Scarlett. I even dedicated the book to her.

4. As I wrote about the magnificent yacht I called, The Perennial, I imagined a 165 foot long motor yacht I’d seen in Victoria Harbor years ago. I remember being flabbergasted that day as I’d watched the pilot swing her around and park her just as easily as he might a compact car on dry land. I must add the research I did on yachts, for those few scenes, kept me entertained for days.

5 Authors whose works I adore, and therefore influence my writing, are Nora Roberts/JD Robb, Cherry Adair, Christine Feehan, Janet Evanovich, and Brene Brown.
 

Blurb from Daring To Love

A woman who reads hearts…

“Help me…” As an empath working for an organization dedicated to locating missing children, Liz MacKenzie is accustomed to using her unique abilities to sense the emotions of others. She’s not accustomed to hearing them call for her. That’s the specialized skill of a telepath.

A man who reads minds…

Galen Keifer’s special method of interrogation involves telepathic seduction, a technique that drove away the love of his life two years ago. In spite of their rocky past, Liz has reached out to him again. He’s the one man who may be able to discover the truth about the mysterious voice calling to her.

A voice from the darkness…

Liz can’t ignore the child’s voice, one that may be connected to a dark secret in her past. Barely recovered from her last rescue mission, she doesn’t trust her own senses, or a man who uses seduction in such a devastating way. But with the possibility of a child’s life in danger, Liz and Galen can’t afford to let it get personal again. Finding the child comes first, even though their hearts and minds are daring them to love…

THE INTREPID WOMEN SERIES
Kickass women, and the men who dare to love them.

Buy links for Daring To Love:
 
Kindle : http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I13NB9U
Print:http://bit.ly/1d8Wq0w(print will be available in approx 2 weeks.)
Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-CA/ebook/daring-to-love-2

You can contact Kathy at:

http://kathrynjane.com/   
www.facebook.com/kathryn.jane.921
https://twitter.com/Author_Kat_Jane

Thanks for checking out Kathy and her secrets. If you have any comments or questions, Kathy will be around to answer them today.

And don’t forget to check back next Thursday to find out even more author secrets about their book. 

11 comments:

  1. Researching yachts, the life of a writer, gotta love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jacquie!
      And oh yes, research was great fun! When I put the yacht's name "Sweet Pea" into the google search bar, a whole new world opened up for me. First of all, Sweet Pea was amazing to read about, and then, well, I started looking at all kinds of amazing floating mansions.
      Who knew one yacht in the Victoria harbor would open up such an amazing world to me!

      Delete
  2. thanks for having me here today Beverley!

    I'm off to get some chores done, but I'll be back to visit in a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture and I too love the ocean and start to have withdrawals when I done get to see the ocean at least once a year - I live in Utah so I do drive out to the Great Salt Lake - it helps sometimes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Judy. This photo was taken on vacation when I lived 4 hours away from the ocean for nearly 3 years. It was so hard! I love being just a ten minute drive away now, and walk on the beach at least 3 days a week to keep my soul centered :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks D'Ann, and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful read. Thanks for sharing! I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Melissa! The cover is brand new, from Kim Killion, as a matter of fact, it won't be up on Amazon until next week, although the book is there with the old cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for having me Beverley, :)

    ReplyDelete