Sunday, February 9, 2014

CONTESTS - JABBIC


Do you enter contests? Is it to get comments to improve your writing? Does it help sell books? Any other reasons? How much do you spend in a year on entry fees?
I'm not a contest person. Years ago I entered contests but found the critique provided, as well as the scores varied from 2 - 5 out of 5 in one contest. Which suggestions do you take?
However, I have entered the JABBIC because it's for one of my covers, which I really like and I want to recognize my cover artist.

Here's information on the JABBIC. Judging for the Readers' Choice Award in Houston Bay Area RWA's 2013 Judge A Book By Its Cover contest is now open.  The Readers' Choice winners will be featured on HBA RWA's website at hbarwa.com.
Anyone can judge, so spread the word.  We know you're proud of your covers. Let the whole world see and judge them.
The following link will take you to the Readers' Choice page.  Follow the instructions there to vote on all the covers.
https://jabbic.hbarwa.com/readers/
My cover MISSING, is listed alphabetically under the Contemporary series.

If you'd like to score my cover I'd be thrilled, but there are also a lot of other great covers, so if you have time, scroll down each category and score as many covers as you'd like. Maybe there are names there you recognize. I've seen quite a few from various loops and organizations that I belong to and I've scored all of them.

It's kind of a neat contest. I'm not sure how they pick a winner but it's a great way to display some awesome covers.

I'd love to here from you on your opinions about contests and if you're in the JABBIC, post with the name of your book so I can check out your cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment