Friday, August 23, 2013

Real Life Characters or Special People


Welcome to our monthly group blog. I love this special group of people and the chance to group blog with them.

Have you ever met a real-life character? Someone who was just bigger than life, or an eccentric? When we decided to blog on this I had to stop and think. Did I know anyone like that?

I’ve known several people who were important in my life; my grandfather, my brother and a few people with whom I’ve worked, but there was someone whose lifestyle was very different and one of the nicest people I’ve known. One person who was very different and did influence my life was a friend who was a psychic, and a witch. I’d never actually known a witch before. I found her fascinating. She always knew when people had problems and sent emails, or notes or even phoned. She also used her psychic abilities professionally to help other people. I learned a lot from her and try to emulate the kindness she radiates to everyone she comes in contact with. I’m so glad we met. She influenced my thinking, my writing and in many ways how I try to lead my life. I only wish I could be as a gentle and thoughtful as she is, but I’m working on it. I have taken classes on witchcraft, not from her, but to understand more about the lifestyle. I have also studied psychic abilities.

I have never used her as a fictional character, but information drawn from her and from classes I’ve taken, have been used to craft some of my characters.  I’m not sure she’s bigger than life, but she’s definitely a fascinating person that I have been very lucky to know.

What about you? Is there someone in your life who was bigger than life, or an eccentric? Maybe someone who was special and influenced who you are today, or what you? If there is I’d love to hear about them.

Now I’m going to pass you on to Billie Williams. Enjoy her blog and please check out all the others. I know I will. http://printedwords.blogspot.com 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Beverley,
    That was very interesting. How intriguing to know a witch.

    Regards

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how many of them are out there and you don't even know it.

      Delete
  2. A psychic witch? Wow! What a great potential character. Interesting post, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I've known a few women who rhyme with witch, but they weren't nearly as inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post...I've known quite a few witches or wiccan in my life...and yes, most of them were very gentle souls. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete