Monday, August 26, 2013

And the Mountians Echoed

I know, I haven't managed to come up with a basic topic for specific days of my blogs. I'm working on that.
Today it's a book review.  I wondered if anyone has read And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini.
I just finished it. It was quite different than anything I've read lately, but I did enjoy it. The man likes a lot of violence and kills off a lot of people, but he's a marvellous story teller. He kept me reading through the whole book. He brought in multiple individual stories, over fifty years and a managed to tie them all together. That alone is very difficult to do.
Some of his characters I loved. Some I hated and some I was disappointed in, but he gave you the insight to understand why most of them did the things they did.
It covered struggles in many countries.
It's the first book I've read by Khaled Hosseini but I'm sure I'll read another one.
If you've read And the Mountains Echoed what did you think about it?
I'd love to hear other people's reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment